Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Ruling On Paying Riba

• Ruling On Paying Riba

Posted by Sohail Zafar on January 24, 2023 at 2:13 am

Aoa

I know ghamdi shb argument about paying riba. He doesn’t consoder it haram based on the argument that when someone pays the Riba there is a crime committed against him so he is actually Mazloom here. The argument makes sense when someone takes loan on riba in a dire need. But what if someone takes money just for an optional need like upgrading car etc. Does the ruling apply here as well ? Because the argument might be as there is no dire need and the person is participating in the riba based system and in the process promoting it.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ruling On Paying Riba

Faisal Haroon updated 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2023 at 8:07 am

It is for a person to decide himself what is important enough for him to borrow money for. What Ghamidi sahab has explained is that Islam does not place any restrictions on borrowing money.

For a related discussion please see:

Discussion 39878 • Reply 39881

• Sohail Zafar

Member January 24, 2023 at 8:27 am

Thank you for your response. I also went through the link you shared.

Just to be clear, the conclusion is taking loan and paying riba is allowed no matter whats the requirement is ? Am i right ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 24, 2023 at 8:54 am

The conclusion is that Islam places no restrictions on paying riba. A person can decide for himself whether or not it makes financial sense for him to borrow money for a particular need and pay interest on it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register