Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Can The Event Of Hira Narrative Be Fabricated?

Tagged: ,

• Can The Event Of Hira Narrative Be Fabricated?

Posted by Md Saifuddin on January 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm

I watched the 23 question series on the event of revelation. There Ust. Ghamidi argued that Quran gives a completely different narrative of first revelation. And while discussing the hadiths with “Iqra” narrative, he focused on the Ibn Ishaq version of the story, where he argued that, it was a dream, rather than a revelation. I was happy to learn that.

But, just today I watched the Al Muqaddimah episode on source of biography of Prophet SM. There I found the mention of this paper

https://www.academia.edu/43266322/A_Mystery_of_Revelation_Caedmons_Hymn_and_the_Quran_96_1_5?source=swp_share

It clearly shows that the story from England (730CE) and Ibn ishaq (751ce) have almost the same story. Which gives me a view that, the whole incident of Hira, verses 96:1-5 and confirmation by Waraqa is just a myth.

Md Saifuddin replied 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Can The Event Of Hira Narrative Be Fabricated?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 25, 2023 at 1:56 pm

Since narrations are reporting of other people, and we know that some people at the time of Prophet Muhammad SAW were also hypocrites, there is always a chance of fabrication. As we know, it is also very easy for information to get corrupted unintentionally. The key thing is to try to understand what is related in narrations. If something goes against the Quran and the Sunnah then extensive research should be conducted in order to reach some justifiable conclusions. These conclusions may or may not be accurate. In any case, the sanctity of the Quran and the Sunnah should never be violated in favor of contradictory narrations.

• Md Saifuddin

Member January 27, 2023 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for the short and Precise reply.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register