Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Falsifiability Of Religious Claims

• Falsifiability Of Religious Claims

Posted by Abdur Rahman on January 28, 2023 at 10:33 am

Its understood by science that religious beliefs cannot pass the falsifiability test because they are outside the empirical realm and cannot be verified.

Is this not in-consistent that our worldly actions are empirical and falsifiable BUT our source of actions i.e ethics are non-empirical ?

Jazakallahu khairaa.

Faisal Haroon replied 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Falsifiability Of Religious Claims

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 28, 2023 at 10:46 am

Example Scenario:

An ahle hadith person might ask that if solitary narrations (empirical evidence) cannot be trusted then why you are trusting the solitary chain (non-empirical evidence) between God and the prophet (sws).

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 28, 2023 at 11:50 am

Your question is not very clear, however, it is a misconception that religious claims are not falsifiable. Religious claims, when understood in context, are as much falsifiable as any scientific theory. Please see:

Discussion 78960 • Reply 79008

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 29, 2023 at 1:03 am

@faisalharoon sir, I will try to illustrate my question with the image attached. However, the answer you have given is also related to my question and will go through it.

• Abdur Rahman

Member January 29, 2023 at 3:51 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 29, 2023 at 9:44 am

The evidence for ethics (assuming it is used in the meaning of morality) is human nature which is completely empirical based on observation of human beings throughout the history of mankind.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register