Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Uneven Haircut And Qaza

• Uneven Haircut And Qaza

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on January 29, 2023 at 9:03 pm

hello there, assalamualaikum.

my question is that there’s a hadith

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, prohibited partial shaving. It was said to Nafi’, “What is partial shaving?” Nafi’ said, “It is to shave part of a boy’s head and leave the rest.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “Shave it all or leave it all”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5576, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2120

you can also take look at this article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/110209

so my question is that some say the term qaza’ is when one part of head is shaven and other is left.

somewhere else it was written the it is to trim sides of head more than middle (uneven haircutting).

so can you please explain what really qaza’ is? and in what principle is it termed Haram? is it Haram? or it was just a suggestion of prophet?

some people say it’s changing creation of Allah, but i can’t really comprehend this, as because if full shaving is not changing, then what’s the criteria of half shaving being changing creation?

Mohammad Ali Soomro replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Uneven Haircut And Qaza

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 30, 2023 at 4:53 am

This prohibition seems to be on the basis of aesthetics. It was a practice adopted by some ignorant people among Christians. The prophet disliked it. To call a thing haram needs any of the five causes mentioned in the verse 7: 33.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member January 31, 2023 at 4:29 am

@Irfan76 sir but could it come under changing creation of Allah? in a same way that a Hadith which prohibits shaving or plucking of eyebrows as changing creation of Allah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register