Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Should Quran Recitation Be Given Up In Favor Of Understanding It?

Tagged: 

• Should Quran Recitation Be Given Up In Favor Of Understanding It?

Posted by Zafar on February 2, 2023 at 9:56 pm

I just saw your San Francisco Q/A session where Ghamdi sb mentioned that we should read Qur’an to seek guidance.

While 100% agree with this that we should read Qur’an with meaning and tafseer, but I also love listening to beautiful Qur’an recitation, and recite Qur’an daily and have made it a daily habit of reciting Surah Waqia every night after Isha in my home loud.

I feel that youth should be used to hearing the beautiful Qur’an recitation and Azan in the house.

However based on this video I should stop reciting and just focus on reading to learn because reciting without learning is pointless?

Umer replied 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Should Quran Recitation Be Given Up In Favor Of Understanding It?

Umer updated 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 2, 2023 at 10:02 pm

You should add reading with understanding with recitation instead of leaving one for another. Quran is the greatest blessing of God we have in our hands, our minds, our tongue, and our actions, all should be engaged with it. Let every part of our personality take its share from Quran.

The objection is on the attitude which does not feel it necessary to understand Quran and confine to reading. The other attitude is not recommended, too, which tends to understand the Quran but does not recite it.

• Umer

Moderator February 3, 2023 at 8:15 pm

Please also refer to the following comments of Ghamidi Sahab from 09:47 to 13:03

https://youtu.be/orqQNlpECbA?t=587

• Umer

Moderator February 3, 2023 at 8:16 pm

Please also refer to the following comments of Ghamidi Sahab from 8:44 to 13:57

The discussion "Should Quran Recitation Be Given Up In Favor Of Understanding It?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now