Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Leaning A Subject

• Leaning A Subject

Posted by Abdullah Zeeshan on February 10, 2023 at 12:43 pm

Consider that I want to gain mastery in a subject X. What can be the most rich ways through which that can be achieved.
    Some personal thoughts:
    Any subject has the following 3 fundamental questions centered around “about it”:
    1. Firstly its definition. “What is X?”2. A historical background of how X got developed and evolved3. It’s purpose/use/applications
    Most of the learners begin their leaning journey by getting answers to the above 3 questions Once they get these answers they then move to the main “content” of the subject.
    There the best way would be to focus on very few standard source books and immerse yourself in it.
    I want to get some guidance on this theme.
    Any resources where Ghamidi Sahab has talked about “how to learn?”/”how to study?”/”how to approach a subject as a student?”/ etc?

Abdullah Zeeshan replied 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Leaning A Subject

Abdullah Zeeshan updated 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 12, 2023 at 7:52 pm

The reason for your learning generally determines how you should approach that learning and in how much depth. There is no one-size-fits-all.

Ghamidi sahab’s advice regarding reading the source books that represent any given body of knowledge is in reference to research work. Again it can vary from one situation to another how deep one wants to go in their research and for what purpose.

• Umer

Moderator February 13, 2023 at 2:14 am

Following comments of Ghamidi Sahab might be helpful in this regard

Please refer to the video below from 9:06 onward:

https://youtu.be/i3lSetWLPgk?t=546

• Umer

Moderator February 13, 2023 at 2:17 am

Please also see:

Discussion 66416

• Abdullah Zeeshan

Member February 13, 2023 at 9:48 am

Thank You so much

The discussion "Leaning A Subject" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now