Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Working For A Company Involved In Dreams Interpretation

• Working For A Company Involved In Dreams Interpretation

Posted by Noor Fatima on February 17, 2023 at 4:02 pm

I have been working for a US company online where my main work is to find the symbolism in client’s dreams and tell them what their dream represents. For this I use the books and database provided by the company that helps me find various interpretations of different objects and situations people describe in their dreams to me. I try my best not to indicate anything about future. as Only Allah knows Future. I am very much conflicted about wether my income is halal or not. Kindly answer me.

Regards,

Fatima

Umer replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Working For A Company Involved In Dreams Interpretation

Umer updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator February 22, 2023 at 10:39 am

In order to determine Haram Halal in matters other than dietary, Quran 7:33 provides the yardstick. Please refer to the following thread for details:

Discussion 1749

Following are the prohibited activities mentioned in the above verse of Quran:

1) Fawahish

2) Usurping the rights of others

3) Oppression

4) Polytheism

5) Innovation in religion (Biddah)

Since dream interpretation is not an established science, therefore there is room for unnecessary speculation in this process, which also opens the room for deception (which can ultimately result in 2 or 3 above). As long as the Company is openly disclosing these facts and/or includes some sort of disclaimer in this regard, in addition to interpretations being made in a scientific way (which it is as described in the original question), then there is nothing wrong with working with such a Company.

As for the future predictions, this notion is not correct that one cannot predict future with dreams. Although one cannot know with certainty, but we see examples even in Quran where future was accurately predicted by Prophet Yusuf based on dreams of common people, which entails that if the person interpreting dreams is an expert (or uses some kind of systematic way in their predictions), then there is nothing wrong in making such interpretations.

In addition to this, it is highly recommended to please refer to the following thread and go through all the questions posted there and their respective answers, for a better undertanding of dreams and their mechanism and what religious objection there could be, if any:

Discussion 46546

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register