A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat Percentages And Applications

Tagged: 

• Zakat Percentages And Applications

Posted by Umer Sultan on February 25, 2023 at 8:57 am

Zakat percentages are: 2.5%, 5%, 10% & 20%

I have trying to understand more on this and my two questions are:

1. What is the source of these percentages. Is there any book or text that can be referred. I have already seen the lecture clips of Ghamidi sahib but the source I cannot find.

2. Can some examples be provided in which cases these percentages would apply relevant to todays time and environment apart from cattle etc etc but using todays example of earnings and assets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

With many thanks

Umer replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Zakat Percentages And Applications

Umer updated 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 25, 2023 at 9:45 am

The source of Zakat percentages on assets and production is the sunnah that has reached us with ijma and tawatur.

You will find the information and videos in the following discussion helpful. Several cases of contemporary situations in regards to Zakat have been addressed in the videos:

Discussion 46733

Finally, you may enter appropriate numbers in our Zakat Calculator after reading the description for each box. When you reach the end, it will generate a statement showing you exactly what you owe after any applicable deductions, and what percentage was applied to each category. It is a great way to learn the sharia of zakat.

View Zakat Calculator

• Umer

Moderator February 28, 2023 at 7:43 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 79832

The discussion "Zakat Percentages And Applications" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now