Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Is It My Obligation To Follow The Laws Of A De Facto Government?

Tagged: ,

• Is It My Obligation To Follow The Laws Of A De Facto Government?

Posted by Yaver Javid on February 26, 2023 at 12:30 am

Our government is illegally established i.e. without the will of people. People have long resisted the government, sacrificed their lives. People still don’t accept it as legal. People want freedom. They have forged our elections, since 2019 no election have taken place. Extremist Hindu central government has direct control on us. So my question is “is it my obligation to follow their law?”.

For example they have prohibited beef, is it my religious obligation to not to eat it?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is It My Obligation To Follow The Laws Of A De Facto Government?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 26, 2023 at 2:21 am

Avoid chaos is a priority. To establish a government of your own people or your own party is your justified choice or desire but not a religious obligation for which one may resist at the cost of life and property. If people feel, they are politically wronged, they have to adopt political ways to correct it. No armed struggle is allowed for this. If one is persecuted for acting upon one’s religion, one is obliged to migrate but to fight. In this case of persecution, the Muslim states are obliged to fight the persecutors as a last resort, to rescue their brothers. If Muslim states do not fulfill their obligation, the individuals have no choice but to migrate or if it is not possible, stay patient and find peaceful political ways to solve the problem.

The prohibitions on beef is not interfering with the matter of religion. it is not obligatory to eat beef. So one should abide by the law for the sake of peace. However, making such laws by the government is not a good show of understanding the problem and is not a way to solve it.

To prefer peace is not pessimism. One can negotiate better and makes progress in term of political gains too if in a time of peace. Take the example of the treaty of Hudaybia, the peace made the disbelievers convinced of the power of the message of Islam. Within a period of 2 years, the number of Muslims rose manifolds.

Nelson Mandala is another example.

For individuals or non-state actors, the only way to struggle is through peaceful political ways.

For detail read my article

https://urdu.asianmail.in/2017/10/03/754

• Yaver Javid

Member February 26, 2023 at 7:34 am

I am not saying that it is against my religion, more than that it is against my fundamental rights that my fitrat tells me I have.

Let me give you some more context, they have now become hostile towards us. Wherever they find an opportunity to oppress us, they use it. They promote drugs amoung youth. They take no action whatsoever to control it. They are now demolishing our homes using legal tricks & loopholes. Electricity fees have been increased by such an amount that common people have no choice but to live in darkness. Our politicians have all been arrested. Now they are planning a constituencies in such a way that our voting rights are useless. There is de facto ban on protests.

Doesn’t allah give permission to those who have fought and thrown out of their homes just because they said their lord is allah.

May allah protect us from it, these things are too similar to 10 stages of genocide, that are: Classification, Symbolisation, Discrimination, Dehumanisation, Organisation, Polarisation, Preparation, Persecution, Extermination And Denial.

According to me we are at stage 6.

Leave it all aside what I meant with my original question was for example the beef is banned by law, but its weakly enforced, its almost impossible that there would be any action by the government. Am i allowed to eat beef?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 26, 2023 at 8:59 pm

The code of conduct for the individual is elaborated in the previous response. This is to adopt peaceful political means and in worse condition to migrate.

The answer to your second question, if by law it is banned, you have to avoid consuming it in public. at home, you can. The law is not supposed to monitor household activities.

• Yaver Javid

Member February 27, 2023 at 12:45 am

If i do, will allah punish me? The constitution bans eating beef. If they find out if i am eating beef at home, in theory they are going to fine me.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 27, 2023 at 5:09 am

This is not sin. But a legal matter.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register