Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Maximum Number Of Wives Four?

Tagged: ,

• Is Maximum Number Of Wives Four?

Posted by Arhum Tajammal on February 28, 2023 at 5:25 pm

Asslamualaikum,

With all due honour and respect to the solely honourable LORD GOD ♥️,

How many wives can a person have at one time? I personally heartly desire to have around 20 wives (my reasons and heart is fully known by ALLAH کل مالک قادر) ♥️.

Is four the maximal; moral and the rational limit? over and all…..

HE can forgive and punish me as HE sees and wills (Quran 3:26).

Thank You ☺️

Arhum Tajammal replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Is Maximum Number Of Wives Four?

Arhum Tajammal updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 1, 2023 at 5:47 am

Maximum of four wives are allowed to have at one time on the condition of maintaining justice between them

وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تُقْسِطُوا فِي الْيَتَامَىٰ فَانكِحُوا مَا طَابَ لَكُم مِّنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ ۖ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا فَوَاحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَلَّا تَعُولُوا

And if you fear that you would not be able to treat orphans with justice, you may marry the women with them who are appropriate for you: two, three, or four of them. Yet if you fear that you cannot maintain justice [between them], then [even in this situation], keep one wife only or any slave-girls you may own. This is nearer for you to avoid injustice. (4: 3)

• Arhum Tajammal

Member March 10, 2023 at 1:15 am

Thank You Dr. Shahzad for your answer but I don’t buy it.

I personally have a the hujjah at heart that more than 4 is possible and I fully desire to go upto 20 (GOD WILLING ❤️).

Thank you for replying ☺️

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register