Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Not Feeling The Love For Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

• Not Feeling The Love For Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posted by Syed Faizan on February 28, 2023 at 6:13 pm

As salaam u alaykum,a

With reference to this Hadeeth – Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “None of you have faith until I am more beloved to him than his children, his father, and all of the people.” Source Sahih Bukhari 15, Sahih Muslim 44

I am unable to feel this level of love for our Prophet (pbuh) specially after reading what has been written in various Seerah books.

When he was the chosen one, had knowledge of unseen, knew that he was the last prophet and his decisions will be coming to fruition with Allah’s help, had various miraculous experiences since childhood, his heart was cleansed by Jibreel himself when he was 4 years of age, shaytan also couldn’t trouble him etc etc. Then knowing all this I have thoughts like what was so special, he had a responsibility, he had help from Allah(swt) and he delivered it perfectly. How can I love him the way its supposed to.

Please arrange to answer this as it is causing a lot of stress.

Jazaak’Allah

Syed Faizan replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Not Feeling The Love For Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Syed Faizan updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 1, 2023 at 5:38 am

This love is first logically adopted. We come to know the importance of faith for ourselves and then love and respect the ones who bring us this most important thing in our life which will earn us eternal blessings and save us from eternal hell. That is why, if the closest of our relation goes against the demands of faith, for example, consumes liquor or receives a bribe, or commits shirk, etc, we choose our faith and its demands against him or her, no matter how dear he or she is to us. At his moment we realize we value our faith, God, and his messenger more than any other.

This ideological or intellectual decision of preference that is called love here.

• Syed Faizan

Member March 2, 2023 at 8:17 am

Jazak’Allah for your time and response.

I guess it also depends upon how you define ‘love’. Yes, we need to go against our near and dear ones if they indulges in non Islamic activity, but that’s a proof of our faith. My issue is the love for Prophet (pbuh) the way it’s expected and is also categorically mentioned in a Hadeeth – Anas ibn Malik reported – Rasoolallah (saw) said, ” None of you have faith until I’m not beloved to him than his children, his father, and all of the people.”

Source : Bukhari (15), Muslim (44)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 3, 2023 at 1:07 am

Love is not just emotions. our passion for our profession is also called love, for which we sometimes sacrifice our time for our near and dear ones.

Again, this intellectual decision of preference is called love in the hadith you cited and in the verse where it is said that the believers have more love for God than anything else.

• Syed Faizan

Member March 3, 2023 at 2:33 am

Jazak’Allah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register