Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is It Shirk To Wear Evil Eye Bracelet And Gemstones?

• Is It Shirk To Wear Evil Eye Bracelet And Gemstones?

Posted by Shah Faizan on March 2, 2023 at 7:16 am

Well many scholars say its not only a sin but also shirk to wear such things and many people nowadays believe that people who wear these type of amulets, talismans and gemstones are doing kufur. They say if you believe that gemstones or anything have any power then its shirk. My question is how is wearing something like gemstone considered as shirk because eg we extract medicines and everything from nature and we know medicine have effect on our body and even spiritual practices like reiki help people to get healed. If nothing has any power then what about sun? for eg if I believe that sun gives us sunlight and things happen according to laws of nature am I doing shirk? My belief is God is indeed the most powerful and he is one and we should pray only to him alone and he is the creator of everything and he is the one who has given sunlight to sun and medicines the power or we can say property by which people get healed and in the same way he has put some healing properties in things like gemstones etc. So is it shirk?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Is It Shirk To Wear Evil Eye Bracelet And Gemstones?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 3, 2023 at 2:24 am

Shirk is speculation, metaphysics. to believe in something which is in the realm of metaphysics must come from God, otherwise one steps into the realm of God without knowledge.

Empirical experiences are our domain of knowledge and we know what effect comes from what source. sometimes we know the reason or science of this effect sometimes do not know, but still, the effect and its source are evident and can be verified.

However, to believe without empirical experiments that something benefits and gives harm supernaturally is shirk. This was the shirk that the nations of the prophets did as mentioned in the Quran.

The discussion "Is It Shirk To Wear Evil Eye Bracelet And Gemstones?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now