Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Missed Fasts

Tagged: 

• Missed Fasts

Posted by Behzad Khan on March 3, 2023 at 6:13 am

Asalam u alaikum!

I wanted to ask about missed fasts due to travelling, not well or even without any reason.

Can they be made up anytime? Or do those fasts need to be made up before next Ramadhan?

If these fasts are not made up before next Ramadhan do we need to pay Fidya as well as keep those fasts?

Can you please clarify this?

JazakaAllah

Ahsan replied 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Missed Fasts

Ahsan updated 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 4, 2023 at 9:02 am
  • Behzad Khan

Member March 4, 2023 at 9:27 am

Asalam u alaikum!

Thanks for replying. So after watching the video, my understanding is that missed fasts can be made up any time and Fidya is only applicable if one cannot make up missed fasts.

If this a fair assessment?

• Ahsan

Moderator March 4, 2023 at 9:30 am

Walikumaslam
    You are correct. For more clarification, you can also refer to Discussion 32197

• Behzad Khan

Member March 4, 2023 at 9:53 am

This is the extract from the link mentioned in your reply.

“If someone was unable to perform obligatory fasting because of some illness and sickness, it is obligatory for them to keep their left over fasts as soon as they recover from that sickness.”

If the missed fasts (from last few years) weren’t made up straight away, can they made up anytime? I mean when they can be kept easily rather than start observing them asap?

And the ones missed in last Ramadhan have to be made up before the next one? Or can they also be made up anytime?

Apologies for this confusion. I just need to understand if it’s possible for me to observe those missed fasts when I can easily manage them.

JazakaAllah!

• Ahsan

Moderator March 4, 2023 at 9:56 am

Yes, you can make up fast, as you were unaware then. But you should ask forgiveness from God and make up for the missed fast.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register