Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Spending On Hajj In Difficult Economic Times

• Spending On Hajj In Difficult Economic Times

Posted by Muzaffar Saeed on March 4, 2023 at 9:04 am

Assalamo Alaikum

I understand that Huqooq Ullah’s concept does require one to carry out all the obligations that are targeted toward a person’s relationship with Allah. I also totally agree with the ruling that animal sacrifice cannot be replaced by zakāh or charity.

But keeping in view the current economic problems that poor Pakistanis are facing my mind just cannot accept the thing that I spend 15 to 20 lac rupees on my Hajj while there are so many needy families that are having a difficult time managing their daily expenses. Can I spend this 15 to 20 lac rupees on charity?

My age is 48. I have never performed Hajj, but two Umrah when I was young in the 1990s.

Please guide, jazaakallah.

Umer replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Spending On Hajj In Difficult Economic Times

Umer updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator March 7, 2023 at 8:06 am

Hajj is reaffirmation of our covenant with Allah as a Muslim. It has a very high significance and every ritual of Hajj, if done with proper understanding, serves a great purpose in understanding our purpose of life on this earth. If you agree with rationale that charity cannot replace animal sacrifice as an ibadah which is an optional ibadah, then Hajj being an obligatory pillar of Islam deserves high priority. Therefore, Hajj should be performed by a Muslim, as soon as they become eligible to perform it.

Following videos shed light on the whole rationale of Hajj and why it should be performed once it becomes obligatory and whether charity is better than Hajj in certain circumstances:

Please refer to the video below from 00:00 to 18:53

• Umer

Moderator March 7, 2023 at 8:06 am

Please also refer to the video below from 2:00 to 13:07 and from 29:29 to 40:14

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register