Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Is It Backbiting If One Thinks Ill Of Others In One's Own Thoughts

Tagged: ,

• Is It Backbiting If One Thinks Ill Of Others In One's Own Thoughts

Posted by muhammad saad on March 10, 2023 at 12:54 pm

if a thought came in my mind i just express the thought with my self (reason of thought can like feel bad after someone rude attitute or may be some intentional).

Question is it backbiting even if some talk to me himself not with another person?

And writing down such thought is sin or not?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is It Backbiting If One Thinks Ill Of Others In One's Own Thoughts

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 11, 2023 at 4:52 am

Backbiting involves someone else sharing some ill thoughts about someone. It is not backbiting as far as it is with you.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 11, 2023 at 4:56 am

However one should not over think ills of others, as it may lead to another forbidden area of ill thinking about others.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اجْتَنِبُوا كَثِيرًا مِّنَ الظَّنِّ إِنَّ بَعْضَ الظَّنِّ إِثْمٌ ۖ

Believers! Refrain from too much conjecture because some conjectures are pure sins. (49: 12)

• muhammad saad

Member March 30, 2023 at 4:14 am

@Irfan76

Sir if for example i have to tell to my therepist about some rude attitude of a person

my question if i tell without taking name of that person is it backbiting in this case?

• muhammad saad

Member March 30, 2023 at 4:21 am

@Irfan76 sir

Any crticism about public representative like politicans without any biaseness does it fall in backbiting?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 30, 2023 at 10:07 pm

It is not backbiting in such cases. One is for the sake of psychiatric treatment and the other is a public affair and we need to make a better choice that is why we need to discuss the good and bad of the leaders. In the same way, the expert on Hadith, Muhadditheen, recorded the bad conduct of the weak narrators of Hadith to decide whether to take hadith from them or not. It is not backbiting. Backbiting is done for the sake of dishonoring a person in his absence in personal matters.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register