Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Offering Salah In Toilet At Work

• Offering Salah In Toilet At Work

Posted by Taimur Mughal on March 10, 2023 at 4:26 pm

I work in a shoes shop in Western society.

They normally wont let you pray when it is time to pray.

SO what I do is ; everytime when the time for pray comes; I ask the person in charge if I can go to the toilet room.

They always say yes.

So then I go to the toilet I do wudu and then I close the toilet door. It is not narrow bu a little big with a bit space.

I pray the fardh salah there fast and then I go back to work.

I told this to some close muslim 0people and they said it is not allowed to pray in the toiletroom.

But my thinking is; if you are not allowed to pray anywhere in the shop; then at least you go to where they dont see u and you do what is compulsory.

Is this allowed? Is this permitted or not?

Kindly shed some light.

Thank you.

Umer replied 1 year ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Offering Salah In Toilet At Work

Umer updated 1 year ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 11, 2023 at 4:48 am

The condition is purity or clean place if it is available in some washroom, it is ok to say a prayer there. However, you can combine the prayer of Zuhar and Asr and Maghrib and Isha and also can shorten them that is, 4 rakat prayers can be shortened to two. There must be some break time during these timings of prayer and you can say your prayer with some more ease.

• Umer

Moderator March 13, 2023 at 9:27 am

In extreme circumstances when no other option is available, you can offer your salah with only signs of the eyes and perform Tayammum instead of Wuzu through simple signs (if performing wuzu is also not possible). It must be kept in mind that indeed there are other relaxations too and are perfectly fine to adopt like combining of Salah and reducing 4 rakats to 2 (i.e. Qasar Salah), but keeping in mind the reality of Salah (‘Namaz ki Haqeeqat‘) which is our timely presence in front of our Lord (‘Hazri‘, ‘Parastish‘), it is recommended that Salah be prayed on its time (Quran 4:103) in any form possible at that time.

For short comments, you can refer to the video below. And to explore the matter in detail from an epistemological stand point, please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 71777

____

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register