Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Praying Tarawih With Intention Of Completing Qadha Fajr

Tagged: , ,

• Praying Tarawih With Intention Of Completing Qadha Fajr

Posted by Yaver Javid on March 20, 2023 at 2:17 am

Ive missed a lot of fajr this year due to i woke up late. I wasn’t knowing its not permissible to delay praying these. So i just kept procrastinating them until they summed up. Now i am praying them with reasonable pace.

I have some left i want to finish them all. So can i, when i am praying taraveeh BEHIND IMAM intended to pray fajr and finish them since they are prayed in twos.

Also is there any possibility to pray isha in some way, maybe combining two taraweeh units.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Praying Tarawih With Intention Of Completing Qadha Fajr

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 20, 2023 at 7:08 am

It is not obligatory to make up the missing prayers. However, if you like to say them too, you can. You can have the niyat to missed fajr during Traveeh behind imam.

The last part of your question is not clear to me.

• Yaver Javid

Member March 20, 2023 at 8:41 am

I didn’t pray them because i believed I can pray them later. So i don’t think what principle takes away the obligation of that prayer on me.

For Isha i mean for eg I’ve few ishas in qadha, can I just intend isha for two prayers of taraweeh.

And am i sinful for delaying the prayers?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 21, 2023 at 2:14 am

Prayers are to say on their appointed time. One is not allowed to miss them to say them later.

To make up a four rakaat prayer, you should find a four rakaat nafal prayer behind imam. However, to offer Qada prayer is not obligatory.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register