Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Mistakes Committed In The Past Regarding Combining Of Salah And Qasr Of Maghrib

Tagged: ,

• Mistakes Committed In The Past Regarding Combining Of Salah And Qasr Of Maghrib

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on March 21, 2023 at 9:13 am

Asselamu aleykum,

Few time ago, i thought Maghrib prayer can also be shortened as Qasr. so many times, i prayed only 2 rakats, instead of 3 in Maghrib, when i was traveling. Now, i recently find out that Maghrib cannot be shortened as Qasr.

Also i combined many prayers before without any specific reason, because, i was first following the view of Engr. Muhammad Ali Mirza Sahab (ha) and Mufti Abu Layth (ha). Then i recently find out Ghamidi Sb.’s (ha) point of view on combining the prayers.

Is it obligatory for me to make up for that prayers, And if so, then how i can make up for that prayers.

JazakAllah.

Umer replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mistakes Committed In The Past Regarding Combining Of Salah And Qasr Of Maghrib

Umer updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator March 23, 2023 at 5:13 pm

It is not obligatory to make-up for those prayers because that mistake was committed unintentionally under wrong understanding of the matter. And if the disobedience is unintentional, God will not hold a person accountable. His law is that if a person commits a misdeed unintentionally, He will not punish him. While stating a directive about adopted sons, the Quran says:

وَلَيْسَ عَلَيْكُمْ جُنَاحٌ فِيمَا أَخْطَأْتُم بِهِ وَلَكِن مَّا تَعَمَّدَتْ قُلُوبُكُمْ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

And the mistake you have made in this matter shall be forgiven, but in what your hearts make an intention shall not be forgiven. God is Ever-Forgiving and Ever-Merciful. (Quran 33:5)

However, if one still chooses to make-up for those Salah, then they can do that.

____

In order to undertand the view of Ghamidi Sahab on the matters of Combining prayers and other relaxations in this regard from an epistemological standpoint, please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 71777

The discussion "Mistakes Committed In The Past Regarding Combining Of Salah And Qasr Of Maghrib" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now