Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Sex Education In Islam

Tagged: 

• Sex Education In Islam

Posted by Haroon on July 21, 2020 at 1:28 am

I want to have a very exhaustive understanding of sexual education in Islam. How is that boys and girls face a lot of sexual abuse in their societies and the issues around it get covered up. Girls, mostly, become prey to this. As far as I have heard a molvi speaking about making a social issue correct, he recommended people to get their kids married, read girls, when they reach their first menstrual period. That is absurd!

Haroon replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Sex Education In Islam

Haroon updated 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 21, 2020 at 1:31 am

Salam – pls. see this thread

Discussion 1487

• Haroon

Member July 21, 2020 at 3:11 am

Walekum salam, thanks for the link. But I have already read Mr. Shehzad’s thoughts on that. What I am interested in is, a) the language that we use while dealing with kids, b) the use of metaphors, if we have to, while making a kid understand what we want her/him understand. Mr. Saleem’s thoughts look a bit ambiguous, say for example when he says that a we have to handle this topic with extreme care, he doesn’t explain the nuances it carries along. A class second student asks a mom how did I come in this world, she doesn’t reply, she has to lie by making a story? When sexual feelings for the first time develop in kids, how would they respond is where Islamic education in sex would help, which I fail to notice. For my whole life, I have seen molvis & scholars running away from these answers, perhaps these questions make them uncomfortable, whether because of hypocrisy, shame or ignorance, I don’t know. I hope you can offer more substantial amount of work on this, if there’s any. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register