• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member April 3, 2023 at 1:25 am

Aeccording to rivayat eye bahir nikal gayi thi

• Sarim Raza

Member April 3, 2023 at 1:33 am

I am asking about the authenticity of this hadith

• Umer

Moderator April 3, 2023 at 1:56 am

There are no direct comments of Ghamidi Sahab on this narration.

But following video explores this narration in an academic way and I find it very much in line with Farahi School principles.

https://youtu.be/jyO7EGEFGRE

• Hassan Izhar

Member March 26, 2024 at 11:14 am

When we come across any narration, especially this kind of fantastical ones, the first step we should take is to apply the test of compliance with Quran. Because we are well-aware that Quran is the Criterian (furqan) and Scale (meezan), against which all religious, spiritual, and faith-related matters are judged.

The complete narration is given as:

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 423:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The angel of death was sent to Moses and when he went to him, Moses slapped him severely, spoiling one of his eyes. The angel went back to his Lord, and said, “You sent me to a slave who does not want to die.” Allah restored his eye and said, “Go back and tell him (i.e. Moses) to place his hand over the back of an ox, for he will be allowed to live for a number of years equal to the number of hairs coming under his hand.” (So the angel came to him and told him the same). Then Moses asked, “O my Lord! What will be then?” He said, “Death will be then.” He said, “(Let it be) now.” He asked Allah that He bring him near the Sacred Land at a distance of a stone’s throw. Allah’s Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, “Were I there I would show you the grave of Moses by the way near the red sand hill.”

Now please refer to verses 71:4 and 63:11, which are self-explanatory. They are telling us that when the appointed time of death comes, it cannot be delayed for anyone.

71:4 (Noah telling his people) “He shall forgive your sins and delay you to a predetermined time. When the time of God comes, then it cannot be delayed, if you know.”

63:11 And God will not delay any soul if its time has come. And God is Expert in all that you do.

(Also see 16:61)

The contradiction of this narration with clear verses of Quran is self-evident, and needs no further explanation. Narration should be discarded in toto, being a lie fabricated by enemies of God and His Prophet. Please see verse 6:112:

6:112 And as such, We have permitted the enemies of every prophet mankind and Jinn devils to inspire each other with fancy words in order to deceive. Had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. You shall disregard them and their fabrications.

Please also note that narrations from Abu Huraira are not reliable considering his reported profile and history, and should be viewed with extreme caution and skepticism, if at all.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register