Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Revelation On Hazrat Maryam (AS) And Mother Of Prophet Moses (AS)

• Revelation On Hazrat Maryam (AS) And Mother Of Prophet Moses (AS)

Posted by Dameer Faraz on April 9, 2023 at 11:41 am

I have been a critique of the tradition of Tassawuff, specially the claim that by following in this tareeka one can get to a stage where guidance is revealed directly for Allah (S.W.T). I always found this against the spirit and the teaching of Islam as we know that this honor is only reserved for the Prophets of Allah, however an argument that comes from their side is that throughout the Quranic stories we see that this guidance is not only reserved for the Prophets. As is in the case of Syedda Maryam who received tidings from Allah through angel Jibrael and similarly we see the mother of Hazarat Musa getting guidance to put Musa in the basket and let it out in the river hence this guidance is not only reserved for prophets and Quran is the proof of that.

I wanted to know is that a fair argument from the side of Tassawuff, can guidance be granted to non prophets directly from Allah and if not how do we explain this incidents in the Quran.

Umer replied 1 year ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Revelation On Hazrat Maryam (AS) And Mother Of Prophet Moses (AS)

Umer updated 1 year ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 9, 2023 at 10:50 pm

In all such occasions where non-Prophets were addressed that was for a need related to a prophet. No independent revelation is given to a non-prophet. However, Ilhaam which is not a specific revelation to claim it is from God is given to non-prophets to guide them in certain matters according to the verse

وَالَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا فِينَا لَنَهْدِيَنَّهُمْ سُبُلَنَا ۚ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمَعَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

[Give glad tidings to My servants, O Prophet:] Those who are bearing difficulties for Our cause, We shall definitely guide them to Our ways and undoubtedly God is with those who act in a thorough manner. (29: 69)

• Umer

Moderator April 10, 2023 at 12:14 am

Please also refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab to the same question:

Discussion 4209 • Reply 4656

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register