A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Islam In India

Tagged: , ,

• Islam In India

Umer updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Abdul

Member April 11, 2023 at 2:15 pm

Name of india is mentioned in some hadiths So was Prophet aware of India and did people become Muslims in india during the life of Prophet.

Narrated By Um Qais bint Mihsan: I heard the Prophet saying, “Treat with the Indian incense, for it has healing for seven diseases; it is to be sniffed by one having throat trouble, and to be put into one side of the mouth of one suffering from pleurisy.” Once I went to Allah’s Apostle with a son of mine who would not eat any food, and the boy passed urine on him whereupon he asked for some water and sprinkled it over the place of urine.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Hadith Number 596.

• Umer

Moderator April 12, 2023 at 1:31 pm

According to Ghamidi Sahab, Muslims came to India during era of Walib Bin Abdul Malik who took charge of caliphate in 86 Hijri.

Mentioning of Indian incense in a Hadith does not necessarily mean that Islam had already reached India.

Please refer to the video below from 17:47 to 20:48

https://youtu.be/JIk1jbNxNEE?t=1067

• Abdul

Member April 12, 2023 at 1:40 pm
    • Umer

Moderator April 13, 2023 at 1:29 pm

I am not sure about this claim and no such research is available at Al-Mawrid to the best of my knowledge. It needs to be investigated further but is a matter of historical domain, not of religious domain primarily.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register