Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is It Sunnah To Wear The Pants Above The Ankles During Namaz?

• Is It Sunnah To Wear The Pants Above The Ankles During Namaz?

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on April 17, 2023 at 7:37 pm

Asselamu aleykum,

I’ve heard from somewhere that wearing pants above the ankles, is Sunnah during Namaz. I know that the ruling of wearing pants above the ankles, will not be fall under the category of ‘Obashi’, now in modern-days. But, will it still considered as Sunnah during Namaz or regurlarly, does Prophet (sav) ever recommended that as Sunnah?

Kindly clarify.

Thanks.

Umer replied 1 year ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Is It Sunnah To Wear The Pants Above The Ankles During Namaz?

Umer updated 1 year ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 17, 2023 at 10:37 pm

The prophet recommended pulling up the lower garments all the time, not just during prayer. It was for this reason that lowering the garment was a demonstration of pride and arrogance at the time. It was their fashion. The prophet opposed it. Since this kind of fashion is no more there, so we need not adopt it. However, we need to avoid any signs of arrogance or pride in fashion today.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member April 17, 2023 at 11:09 pm

@Irfan76, Yes, i knew that pride and arrogance was the reason that Prophet (sav) opposed it, and today it would not be considered as pride and arrogance. But, will today, it would considered as the Sunnah, during Namaz or even regularly? Did prophet ever recommended that as his Sunnah or it would be same as the case of having beard?

Kindly clarify.

• Umer

Moderator April 18, 2023 at 3:59 pm

It is not Sunnah.

Please see for details:

Discussion 68947

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register