Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith That Prophet Muhammad's (SWS) Parents Are In Hell

• Hadith That Prophet Muhammad's (SWS) Parents Are In Hell

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on April 20, 2023 at 3:15 am

Asselamu aleykum,

Muslim (203) narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, where is my father?” He said: “In Hell.” When he turned away he called him back and said: “My father and your father are in Hell.”

What’s the context of this hadith? Is this hadith authentic? Also, There are certain narrations that seems to tell that it is not permissible to pray for any Kafir, while, Ghamidi Sb. (ha), believes that, if he would be successful in presenting any valid excuse, Allah (may his glory be glorified) would forgive him. There is a well known hadith in which the Prophet said that Allah forbade him from praying for his mother.

Muslim (976) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, but He did not give me permission. And I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He gave me permission.”

It says in ‘Awn al-Ma’bood:

“But He did not give me permission” means: because she was a kaafirah (disbeliever) and it is not permissible to pray for forgiveness for the kuffaar.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This shows that it is not permitted to pray for forgiveness for the kuffaar.

Umer replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Hadith That Prophet Muhammad's (SWS) Parents Are In Hell

Umer updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator April 20, 2023 at 9:35 pm

We don’t know about the beliefs of the parents of Prophet Muhammad (SWS) with certainty, however, we know from historical accounts that Prophet Muhammad (SWS) himself followed the Abrahamic tradition (Deen-e-Hanif) even before prophethood.

Whenever reading hadith narrations, it’s important to keep in mind that regardless of the authenticity, they’re still narrated by people on their own account. Hence, there’s always a chance that someone heard, understood, or narrated something incorrectly. Also since most narrations are missing proper context, it’s not easy for a common person to understand them.

If the narration in question means what it’s apparent meaning suggests, it only shows that God’s justice is truly unbiased. As also evident from the story of Noah (SWS) in the Quran, simply having family ties with an apostle of God is not enough. We don’t know for certain how God might have tested Prophet Muhammad’s (SWS) parents and how they might have responded.

Quran 11:42-46:

That ship began to take them between waves as high as mountains and Noah called upon his son who was [standing] apart [at a small distance from him]: “Son! Board with us and do not be with these disbelievers.” He replied: “I shall presently take refuge in some mountain that will protect me from this water.” Noah said: “There is no one to save today from God’s directive except to whom He shows mercy.” In the meantime, a wave came between the two and he was also among those drowned… Noah called on his Lord and said: “Lord! My son is from my family and no doubt that true is Your promise and among the judges you are the greatest.” God said: “Noah! He is not from your family. He is an extremely wretched person. So, do not ask me about which you have no knowledge at all. I urge you to not be among those who are overwhelmed by emotions.

___

Please also watch following videos:

• Umer

Moderator April 20, 2023 at 9:35 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register