Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Congregational Salah And Female Hypocrites During The Time Of Prophet (SWS)

• Congregational Salah And Female Hypocrites During The Time Of Prophet (SWS)

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on May 7, 2023 at 7:38 am

Asselamu aleyküm wa rehmatullahi wabarakaatuhu,

Were there only male hypocrites during the time of our Holy Prophet (sav)?

Our dear Ustad e Mohtaram Javed Ahmad Ghamidi Sb. (ha) said that prayers in congregation was only obligated for a certain time, when the Hypocrites (Munafiqeen) were on rise, and that the women could also perform the congregational prayers in mosque. But, Why the prayers in congregation were only obligated for the men, during the times of our Prophet (sav), when the group of Munafiqeen was on rise, and not for women?

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) found some people absenting from certain prayers and he said: I intend that I order (a) person to lead people in prayer, and then go to the persons who do not join the (congregational prayer) and then order their houses to be burnt by the bundles of fuel. If one amongst them were to know that he would find a fat fleshy bone he would attend the night prayer.

I could not found but, many people says that the Prophet (sav) said that “But I fear for the women and children in their houses.”

Kindly clarify.

Umer replied 12 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Congregational Salah And Female Hypocrites During The Time Of Prophet (SWS)

Umer updated 12 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member May 7, 2023 at 7:51 am

It has been also mentioned by Ustad-e-Mohtaram Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza (ha), From 2:23 to 2:44. However, he believes that prayers are obligatory in congregation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ltU069m73w

• Umer

Moderator May 8, 2023 at 7:25 am

Quran 64:14 gives us a hint that there were hypocrites among females as well, but since it was a patriarchal society so males were more dominant when it came to making of negative schemes and their implemetation.

In our discourse, Ahadith are understood in the light of Quran and Sunnah and not the other way round. Please refer to the following videos to understand complete viewpoint of Ghamidi Sahab:

https://youtu.be/mYTgAzOlb9E

• Umer

Moderator May 8, 2023 at 7:25 am

• Umer

Moderator May 8, 2023 at 7:27 am

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member May 8, 2023 at 1:47 pm

@UmerQureshi Why the females were not obligated to pray in the mosques, like men, if hypocrites were present among them, too?

• Umer

Moderator May 10, 2023 at 12:57 am

Since it was a patriarchal society so males were more dominant when it came to making of negative schemes and their implemetation. Secondly, it was against female biology to ask them to attend mosque all the time because of certain physiological constraints.

The discussion "Congregational Salah And Female Hypocrites During The Time Of Prophet (SWS)" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now