• Woman's Awrah Infront Of Other Women

Hamza Mian updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 12, 2023 at 1:43 am

Please see:

Discussion 82372

• Hamza Mian

Member May 12, 2023 at 3:43 am

Jazakallah khair, however, I feel like my question wasn’t fully answered. I wanted to know if women are meant to cover the same infront of the women as ghamidi sahab mentioned in the response series that a women must cover till her calves and arms till her elbows, and chest till her neck when she is not wearing any zeenah.

• Umer

Moderator May 15, 2023 at 3:20 am

Yes, this is the minimum requirement that needs to be fulfilled in all circumstances and falls under the directive of ‘وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ‘.

In case of adornment (‘zeenat‘), It is necessary for women in particular not to display any of their embellishments except before their close relatives, attendants and people of acquaintance. However, exempted from this are embellishments adorned on limbs which are generally never covered: ie. the jewellery and make-up worn on the hand, the face and the feet.

Relatives and people of acquaintance before which the above mentioned display of ornaments is not forbidden are:

i. Husband

ii. Father

iii. Father-in-law

iv. Sons

v. Sons of the Husband

vi. Brothers

vii. Brothers Sons

viii. Sisters Sons

ix. Women of acquaintance and Maids

x. People who live in a house as dependents and because of their subservience or owing to any other reason are incapable of feeling any attraction towards women.

xi. Children who are as yet unaware of sexual matters.

• Hamza Mian

Member May 12, 2023 at 3:45 am

And if she is wearing zeenat, what exceptions would she have if she is infront of women?

• Umer

Moderator May 15, 2023 at 3:20 am

No exceptions, except for the ones mentioned in the above reply.

• Hamza Mian

Member May 15, 2023 at 3:27 am

Jazakallah Khair. Appreciate it

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register