Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Sins Committed Because Of Schizophrenia Or Mental Abnormality

• Sins Committed Because Of Schizophrenia Or Mental Abnormality

Posted by Sana Yousaf on May 14, 2023 at 10:45 pm

I am 30 years old and have recently been diagnosed with schizoeffective disorder which is a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and i have also been in psychosis, although i have been doing my life activities but there are certain abnormalities in the way i preceive reality also due to this condition i also loose touch with reality and imagination. I have been involved in some major sin of adultery and i couldnt remember that how i did that or got there. I have been diagnosed by psychitarist that i was in psychosis from last multiple years.. would Allah punish me for the sin as i couldnt understand completely the reality. What is the take of islam on that when a person is abnormal in that way.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sins Committed Because Of Schizophrenia Or Mental Abnormality

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 15, 2023 at 3:09 am

God is just. He does not punish a person for the acts he has no control of. An act with intention is liable to infer sin and punishment. it is the person in question has to decide he or she did someting intentionally or it was due to some psychological disorder. Whatevrer the case is, one should ask for forgiveness from God and tried to correct one’s ways as much as possible.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register