Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Will Women Be Questioned By God For Not Stepping Out Of Abusive Marriages?

Tagged: 

• Will Women Be Questioned By God For Not Stepping Out Of Abusive Marriages?

Posted by Sarah on May 16, 2023 at 6:09 am

I have been dealing with a lot of stories from women around me, where the abuse and low morals of their spouse is so obvious to them, yet they decide to look the other way and not stop this abusive cycle.

There is nothing a woman can’t do in today’s age where technology has put the world and all kinds of knowledge at our fingertips.

Yet women just remain complacent, they don’t invest in learning new skills and never bother going out to earn their own money so they can walk out of these abusive marriages.

I am really curious to know – Will it be enough that women will simply present themselves on the Day of Judgement as the abused? Will not God ask that why didn’t she try to earn? Why didn’t she believe that He the Sole Provider and even if she left her husband, He would have provided? Why didn’t she use His gift of a brain and endless knowledge to better herself and make new paths so she could leave the abuse?

I understand there are situations where women can not absolutely leave but those are very rare in today’s world. So I am wondering, why don’t women do something about such marriages? For God has said that He doesn’t help anyone till they help themselves.

Then they even bring kids to this world, fully knowing what the husband is like. And from there, starts the vicious cycle of childhood abuse and trauma as well.

Won’t women be held responsible for letting this cycle continue? Just coz they wanted kids, even if it was with a man who was never worthy of becoming a husband or a father?!

Umer replied 10 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Will Women Be Questioned By God For Not Stepping Out Of Abusive Marriages?

Umer updated 10 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 16, 2023 at 8:49 am

This is something personal for a person to decide according to her situations to end up with an inconvineint marriage or not. There is no religious obligation to end such a marriage. To survive alone is a big question for a woman even if she has her sources of income, which compels here to compromise. Money is not the only thing required to survive. Life is more complex.

• Sarah

Member May 16, 2023 at 6:05 pm

In my opinion, yes money isn’t everything but your belief in God is. That He is the One to take care and provide for you.

But we sadly don’t have that faith anymore. We have just handed our destiny to people and that humans are supposed to take care of us. And so, we never really trust God to do the right thing.

So yes, I am curious – that surely God will question women what they really did to change their circumstances.

Coz it’s not just abt marrying someone and tolerating them, but it is also abt future kids that end up with so much abuse, hence starting a cycle of generational trauma!

Surely it can’t be as simple as your life, your choice! Ruin it however you like, and the future generation, even though you had the ability to get out of it!

• Umer

Moderator May 17, 2023 at 2:09 am

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 1:03:05 to 1:06:24

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register