Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Writing Divorce But Not Sending It On Message (SMS)

Tagged: 

• Writing Divorce But Not Sending It On Message (SMS)

Posted by Muhammad on May 19, 2023 at 4:55 am

Does a divorce counts if it is written on a text box to his wife but since one doesn’t want to divorce her so he removes the text without sending it?

Umer replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Writing Divorce But Not Sending It On Message (SMS)

Umer updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 19, 2023 at 10:05 am

For a divorce to be effective, it should be given with a conscious mind and must be communicated to the wife (subject to fulfillment of other requirements of divorce as enumerated in Sharia). In this case, since the matter has not been communicated to the wife, so no such divorce has happened.

___

To further under the matter of divorce through SMS, Email etc. please refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Please refer to the Part-3 of the link below from 5:00 to 7:20

ilm-o-Hikmat 17-01-2016

• Muhammad

Member May 26, 2023 at 8:34 am

Thank you for the reply. Just a follow up question. Even if it was later told to the wife that I was about to send it to her but didn’t send it because I didn’t want to. Then telling it later(not in context of giving divorce now) will not have any effect. right?

I have assumed it in a way that if anyone write to break a contract but doesn’t communicate it to the other person and later tell them that they were about to break the contract, then it will not break it.

@UmerQureshi

• Umer

Moderator May 27, 2023 at 8:00 am

That is correct, it will not have any effect.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register