Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Refraining From Inquisitiveness

Tagged: ,

• Refraining From Inquisitiveness

Posted by muhammad saad on May 22, 2023 at 9:51 am

my question is related to Refraining from Inquisitiveness for example i am sitting in a place where other people are talking i was not listening their conversation for evil purpose but as i am sitting there so i am able to understand what they are talking about and what if they are talking about some topic which i like for example politics my interest develop in their conversation is it is sinful still if there is not evil purpose behind this?

Umer replied 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Refraining From Inquisitiveness

Umer updated 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator May 23, 2023 at 3:18 am

The spying/inquisitiveness from which we are stopped is one which is ill-intended. At times, this arises from jealousy and at times from extreme malice and animosity. Both these things are totally contrary to the relationship of mutual sympathy and brotherhood which believers must maintain. As far as the matter of finding out the circumstances of some brother is concerned in order to help him or if at the state level arrangement is made to remain aware of the circmustances of people so that it can fulfill the responsibility imposed on it of maintaing law and order and taking care of its citizens, these do not relate to this prohibition in the slightest way.

What you are referrring to in your example is not spying or inquisitiveness in that sense, since someone is openly discussing a political matter which in itself is a topic open to public discussion and you happen to hear it. Had it been something personal instead then it would be better to leave that place.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register