Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Why Grandson Is Entitled To No Inheritance?

Tagged: 

• Why Grandson Is Entitled To No Inheritance?

Posted by Hesham Ijaz on May 25, 2023 at 1:22 am

Why is Grandson entitled to no inheritance if the child’s father dies before the grandfather of the child. Recently i lost the a civil suit in Pakistan while me and my family are in most depressed financial conditions, but the defendants who are my uncles and their children are in much better financial shape. What is the principal behind this ‘justice’?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Why Grandson Is Entitled To No Inheritance?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 25, 2023 at 6:09 am

According to Ghamidi saheb, grandchildren are entitled to inherit the share of their deceased father from the estate of their grandparents. In Pakistan Hanafi school of thought is practiced. According to this school, in the presence of nearer kin the other relatives are not entitled to get their share. To them, grandchildren are far in relation as compared to siblings. However, to Ghamidi saheb, grandchildren are in the place of real children to the grandparents as grandparents are in the place of real parents to the grandchildren when real parents are no more. if grandparents can inherit the share of real parents, so can the grandchildren get the share of their deceased parents. But the courts follow Fiqh Hanafi.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register