Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Sinful Speculation (Sinful Guman)

Tagged: ,

• Sinful Speculation (Sinful Guman)

• Umer

Moderator May 30, 2023 at 9:16 am

No, such thoughts are natural and do not fall under this directive.

The implication of this directive is that it is not right for a Muslim to make bad estimations about other Muslims, or make allegations against others or take some action against others without proper knowledge of what the matter is or spread rumours merely on the basis of speculation or form a view about God’s being and attributes and His directives merely on the basis of conjecture and guesswork and unending analogies.

• muhammad saad

Member June 8, 2023 at 7:31 am

@UmerQureshi so statement like 1:i think class is today is at 8 0r 9:00 clock but i am not sure 2:i am not sure but i think he said this

3: i think i have read it some where but its not conform do these fall in spreading rumors or in other word violation of this directive?

• Umer

Moderator June 9, 2023 at 2:19 am

Just using “I think” at the start of the conversation is not the deciding factor in this regard, rather it is what comes after which decides the nature of that sentence. Mere thinking is not speculation, speculating about God or others in ways which affect their rights would be something which Muslims have been asked to not engage in. For example, I told Person B that Person A uses drugs because person C told me so or I myself assume this about person A or in addition, I start spreading this rumour on my own about person A, concluding merely on the basis of the fact that Person A was acting a bit weird for instance etc. etc.

Please also see:

Discussion 80570 • Reply 80669

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register