Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions A Woman Marrying Her Rapist In Deuteronomy 22:29

Tagged: 

• A Woman Marrying Her Rapist In Deuteronomy 22:29

Posted by اشهل صادق on June 6, 2023 at 1:07 pm

السلام عليكم

As far as I know, Ghamidi Sahab is of the view that Deuteronomy might be the actual Torah given to Moses. The proposal of the rapist marrying the woman he raped seems odd in our time and age. So, I did a simple Google search and this was the first view I got:

https://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/1940448/jewish/Does-the-Torah-Punish-a-Rape-Victim.htm

I wanted to know whether Ghamidi Sahab has his own thoughts on this. Does he see eye to eye with the view of the Rabbi or does he have a different way of looking at it? Why would God ask a rapist to marry the woman he raped as, regardless of whatever effects it might have on the rapist, it might be pure torture for the woman?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 10 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • A Woman Marrying Her Rapist In Deuteronomy 22:29

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 7, 2023 at 2:33 am

There is no comment of Ghamidi saheb in my knowledge on this particular command of Torah, however, the interpretation given in the article cited above is in line with the established norms of divine shariah for that time that the rapist must take the responsibility of woman but the woman is not obliged to marry him without her consent.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register