Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Music Haram?

Tagged: 

• Is Music Haram?

Posted by Nofal Ahmad Butt on June 7, 2023 at 11:43 am

I saw a video clip of Mr. Ghamidi answering to the question by an audience on music. And Mr. Ghamidi translated a verse of the Holy Quran stating that Quran has only mentioned 5 things as Haram. And nothing else is Haram so music is also not haram. But the I listened to another scholar who also translated another verse of Quran which says something like narrating the gist in Urdu “ Nabi woh hai to Pak aur tayyab cheezon to halal karta hai or khabees or gandi cheezon to haram”. And then they quote as per Sahih hadees music is haram.

My question. Is the verse narrated by the other scholar translated correctly, if yes, that there could be more than 5 things haram and not only the.5 quoted in one verse of Quran. If not what is the true translation and explanation of that verse. My second question, is there a sahih Hadith on music.

Nofal Ahmad Butt replied 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Is Music Haram?

Nofal Ahmad Butt updated 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 8, 2023 at 12:09 am

Without reference it is diffuclt to say anything.
    If you can share the quranic verse or the video with timestamp then we can comment on it.
    For Understanding Ghamidi sb point of view about halal and Haram plz see Discussion 49337

For Music see

Discussion 55241

• Nofal Ahmad Butt

Member June 8, 2023 at 1:24 am

The video link of Ghamdi sb

• Ahsan

Moderator June 8, 2023 at 1:33 am

The verse Ghamidi sb talks about is 7:33 which has been discussed in detail in 23 Question series of Halal and Haram and Music.
    I was asking for the link to the other scholar video with timestamp or the verse and hadith reference.

• Nofal Ahmad Butt

Member June 8, 2023 at 5:07 am

That heard during a Jum’a khutba. Will try to get the reference. جزاک اللہ خیرا

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2023 at 5:50 am

Other than dietary shariah, these five categories or criteria in 7: 33 are to qualify for something haram. Music does not fall any of them. However if some element of fahash is involved then it makes it haram like anything which can be said haram when fahash joins it like dress or poetry etc.

• Nofal Ahmad Butt

Member June 8, 2023 at 7:36 am

جزاک اللہ

My questions are answered after watching the videos shared earlier.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register