Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy What Exactly Is Tawakkul And From Where Does It Start

Tagged: 

• What Exactly Is Tawakkul And From Where Does It Start

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on June 7, 2023 at 9:16 pm

hello there assalamualaikum

my question is about tawakkul that is being content or relaxed or happy after thinking “Allah will do good” a part of tawakkul? or is it like tawakkul is only the thinking like this?

secondly, from a base human level thinking, a person knows through experience that such thing would give such results etc etc, for example he knows that if i drink water then my thirst would get quenched and if i eat protein my muscles would grow. so whenever that person eats protein, he thinks that my muscles would grow. but this person being a Muslim also thinks that every occurrence in this world is by Allah, so does that mean that he is automatically doing tawakkul? like from his and other’s worldly experience he knows eating carrots produces result of good eyesight. so when he eats carrots he thinks she expects that “now as i have eaten carrots, I’ll have good results for my eyesight”. but also in his mind he understands that every occurrence is from Allah. so does it mean that whenever he does eat carrots and thinks like a positive result on his eye sight would come through, then he is automatically doing tawakkul?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • What Exactly Is Tawakkul And From Where Does It Start

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2023 at 5:32 am

Tawakkul means to have trust in God’s decisions that they are good whether it seems good or not to you.

The other thing you mentioned is our knowledge that God has initiated this system where things produce their results. This is not Tawakkul but your knowledge. Make it clear that it is not like every occurrence needs to be directed by God to appear. When God has initiated the system it works on its own under the authority of God and wherever He wills, He interfers.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register