Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Concept Of Helping One In Sin And Its Applications (Tawun Alal Ithm)

• Concept Of Helping One In Sin And Its Applications (Tawun Alal Ithm)

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on June 8, 2023 at 4:03 am

hello there, assalamualaikum.

my question is that we often hear that one should not directly help someone to do sin and also that one should not do a thing that might indirectly help that person in sin. like if someone says drive me to bank so that i do robbery , then helping in this case would be helping in sin. but in some cases it’s not easy to apply this rule. like when for example while giving money to a poor Hindu or polytheists religion man there’s a possibility and sometimes it does happen that the person after receiving help thanks his false gods like Krishna and others. or even if they are not poor, if my Hindu friend says me to get him something to eat. and i want to earn his pleasure and increase our friendship bond but then there’s a possibility that he might do the thing mentioned above. so shall i help? shall i not? then same thing is for sending them gifts, money, non material help or anything like that. same would be for treating a Hindu patient or someone like this.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Concept Of Helping One In Sin And Its Applications (Tawun Alal Ithm)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2023 at 5:10 am

One is not responsible for the wrong of others. This is the principle. If you help with good intentions according to your knowledge, then you have no responsibility for what others do.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member June 8, 2023 at 5:14 am

@Irfan76 sir but someone asking me to drop him to bank for robbery, but if i help him , wouldn’t o be responsible for his wrong and robbery?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2023 at 5:27 am

This is obvious in your knowledge it is for something bad so you cannot help him. but when you help someone in ordinary matters and he used that help for bad then it is not your responsibility.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member June 8, 2023 at 5:49 am

@Irfan76 but sir wasn’t there a possibility known to my knowledge in the Hindu example as well?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2023 at 5:53 am

The possibility is not certain. There are other possibilities too. If we consider such possibilities we cannot help anyone. The world and Sharaiah does not work this way.

• Umer

Moderator June 9, 2023 at 1:52 am

Please also refer to the video below from 09:43 to 14:06

https://youtu.be/wdc1EFi0mko?t=583

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member June 9, 2023 at 2:06 am

@Irfan76 @UmerQureshi and sir in one case for example i believe music to be Haram but the person beside me doesn’t believes music to be Haram and he asks me to get and deliver him some music CDs and he’ll give me 50rs for it. so would it be taawun in ism? whose point of view would be the one to be from where judgement starts? mine or his?

• Umer

Moderator June 10, 2023 at 8:54 am

Taawun alal ithm relates to co-operating in matters of usurping rights of others (haq talqi). The issue of Music is a matter of religious interpretation, not an explicit moral evil which falls in taawun. But it is only natural for a Muslim, who considers some individual matter Haram in religion to not participate in it even indirectly.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 12, 2023 at 1:40 am

When you believe something haram you have to avoid it for your own sake first, even if the matter is not of usurping others rights.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register