Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Delaying Fajr Salah In Order To Get Complete Sleep

Tagged: ,

• Delaying Fajr Salah In Order To Get Complete Sleep

Posted by Raheel on June 10, 2023 at 12:35 pm

Dear Sirs,

In the summertime, the sleep time gets significantly shortened ( 3-4 hours), especially in Western Europe. [ Isha time 10.30 PM

and Fajr time is around 4.40 AM ]

It is difficult to go to sleep soon after Isha due to work ,home and family commitments.

Is it permissible, if the Fajr prayer can be done soon after awakening around 6.30AM, before leaving for work at 7.30 AM

Hopefully, you will understand my point of having a good night sleep ( 6-7 hours) to avoid sleepiness and lack of productivity at work later in the day .

As you may know there is absolutely no chance of daytime nap in western countries.

Thank you and Jazak Allah

Raheel replied 11 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Delaying Fajr Salah In Order To Get Complete Sleep

Raheel updated 11 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 10, 2023 at 12:47 pm

Please see:

Discussion 49966

• Raheel

Member June 10, 2023 at 12:52 pm

Thank you

I will follow up on the suggested discussion.

• Raheel

Member June 10, 2023 at 1:49 pm

I’m sorry but the suggested thread is not relevant to my question. My apologies for the ignorance.

Can somebody kindly give his fresh input into the scenario I have mentioned in my question?

Thank you

• Umer

Moderator June 10, 2023 at 2:39 pm

Just the way we prioritize study, work and sleep over everything else, it is required of a Muslim to prioritize Salah over everything else. We cannot leave or postpone Salah on purpose just to suit our sleeping habits. However, Salah can be postponed or even reduced when there is a genuine difficulty or hardship that befalls a Muslim (over and above the normal hardship required to offer Salah). Therefore, If one experiences a genuine difficulty in waking up (despite all the efforts and intention) or if one has every intention of waking up but fails to wake up, then prayer becomes due as soon as one wakes up. Delaying it after waking up on purpose would tantamount to making it Qaza intentionally.

Please see for further details:

Discussion 69291

• Umer

Moderator June 10, 2023 at 2:44 pm

Some supplementary threads that might be helpful in understanding the issue in depth:

Discussion 83138

Discussion 71777

• Raheel

Member June 10, 2023 at 4:30 pm

Thank you so much . Appreciate it. So basically it should be an honest evaluation by an individual to determine the best course of action. According to Ghamdi’s sahib Clip, there is a limit of مشقت while considering Ibadah (e.g prayer) on a day-to-day basis. But that decision should carry ‘Ikhlas‘.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register