Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Non-Edible Skin Products Containing Haram Animals Ingredients

Tagged: , ,

• Non-Edible Skin Products Containing Haram Animals Ingredients

Posted by Haroon Shahroom on June 11, 2023 at 8:46 am

Assalaam aleykum

I watched this “ Insani jism main suwar (pig) ka dill” called video on youtube channel of Javed Ahmed Ghamidi sir

Link :

(What I understood) Javed Ahmed sir’s point of view is that if something goes inside of a human as a portion of food and becomes a part of his body or if someone take something in its entirety and form it a part of his body, like putting a pig’s heart in human body (topic under discussion in the video), It is haram. (In javed sir’s point of view)

But my question was about using non edible things like creams, shampoo ecc. that has pig derived or any other haram animal derived ingredients in it. Is it prohibited to use them ? Because for example creams and lotions if you put them on your skin, they will (even in small quantities) enter in your body beacuse our skin absorb them…

So based on this video, it is haram or halal to use them ?!

Thanks

Umer replied 9 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Non-Edible Skin Products Containing Haram Animals Ingredients

Umer updated 9 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 12, 2023 at 2:55 am

External use of the things prohibited to eat is allowed in Islam. For example, the skin of the dead animals is used for different purposes. Moreover, if the chemical composition changes, then a haram thing becomes halal to eat too.

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 9, 2023 at 2:35 pm

Sir

Javed Sir in the video said: jo cheez ham khatey(eat) hain wo hamari ghazaa(food) ka hissa banti hai or ghazaa ka hissa banne se hamare pure wajood ke “takhleeki amal” main shamil ho jati hai or phir hamare jism ka hissa ban jati hai. (At minute 09:45 in the video).

All this was about edible things (food).

But my question was about using non edible things that has haram ingredient in it (like creams, shampoo ecc.)

Agar hum esy cheezein (things) apni skin par use karein, to kya yeh cheezein hamare wajood ke “takhleeki amal” main shamil hoty hain ya ho sakty hain??

for examples:

If i use some tipe of shampoo to grow my hair healthy and strong.

To kya shampoo (in this case) hamarey wajood ke takhleeki amal main shamil ho jaey ga?

or other examples are:

1. if i have “Dehydrated skin” and i put creams or lotions on it, it will become hydrated…

2. if i have some kind of skin disease and i put some certain tipe of cream on it(that has haram ingredient in it), and it cures me..

In All these cases, kya yeh cheezein (things) bi hamare wajood ke “takhleeki amal”main shamil ho jaen ghi ( jesey ghazaa(food) hota hai) ya phir sirf khaney se yeh amal hota hai jism par laganey se nahi…???

Thank you very very much sir.

• Umer

Moderator July 9, 2023 at 10:55 pm

nhi, aisay cheezain istemal karnay sai woh Jism kai andar takhleeqi amal main shamil nhi hoten. Agar kabi kuch skin main jazb hoo bh jaye toh phir bh us sai jism kai andar kai takhleeqi amal pai koe farq nhi parta.

Please also refer to the video below from 11:34 to 12:17

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 11, 2023 at 3:18 pm

Thanks umar sir for replying

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 10, 2023 at 2:41 pm
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 11, 2023 at 6:14 am

To me, if there is a haram ingredient in a cream or lotion of shampoo, whose essence is intact and not changed chemically, its used on the skin is haram as it does become part of the body. However, if its essence is chemically changed, then it is ok to use it.

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 11, 2023 at 3:17 pm

Sir thanks a lot for replying but i’m little bit confused…

1. Sir Ap ne kaha tha ke external use of the things prohibited to eat is allowed in islam..

this was your complete reply:

“External use of the things prohibited to eat is allowed in Islam. For example, the skin of the dead animals is used for different purposes. Moreover, if the chemical composition changes, then a haram thing becomes halal to eat too.”

Or ap ab keh rahe hain ke haram hai use karna… baat kuch samajh nahi aii… ( I’M NOT attacking sir… NOT at all… i’m just confused…)

2. Sir yeh cheezain hamari body ka part kese bann jati hain? Kya yeh ussi “takhleeki amal” main shamil ho jaty hain???… but @UmerQureshi sir ne to kaha hai ke yeh cheezain “takhleeki amal” main shamil nahi hoty… to phir kese hamari body ka part ban jati hain yeh cheezain… please explain…

3. Javed Ahmed Ghamidi sahab bi yehi keh rahe the ke inn cheezon ka external istimaal jaez hai…(in the video tagged by sir @UmerQu ).

Please explain these 3 things sir…

With all due respect thank youu a lot Sir ❤️

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 11, 2023 at 3:20 pm
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 11, 2023 at 10:24 pm

I improved upon my opinion. If the external use of a thing does not become a part of our body, then it is halal like the use of the skin of a dead animal. However, in the case of cream and lotion or oil, they become part of our body. The moisture they have entered into the skin to make it better. However, shampoo can be exempted but we know that pores in the skin of the head allow a liquid or oil which stays for some time to be absorbed into the body. This is my opinion so far.

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 23, 2023 at 4:15 pm

Thanks a lot sir.

But agar wo hamare andar ke takhleeki amal main shamil nahi hoty (jesey @UmerQureshi sir ne kaha hai), to phir wo hamarey body ka part kese ban gayi…??

I mean jo hum creams waghera lagatey hain, wo hamari body main jazb to ho jaty hain, par agar takhleeki amal main shamil nai hoty to phir jism ka hissa b nai banna chahiyee… (this is my opinion)

Please correct if i’m wrong.

Thanks a lot sir, as always❤️.

• Haroon Shahroom

Member July 23, 2023 at 4:17 pm

@UmerQureshi ap kya kehtey hain sir? Ap ka kya opinion hai?

• Umer

Moderator July 25, 2023 at 11:32 am

In my understanding, It is true that absorption of certain elements through skin have a certain impact on the body at times (usually in higher quantities), however, the normal day use of creams, lotions and shampoos still cannot be categorized as an activity equivalent to having an impact which we see in cases like food consumption. To become a part of ‘takhliqi amal‘ the activity should be of a magnitude which can either be categorized as equivalent to food consumption, either on the face of it (e.g. eating pork) or through its impact (e.g. having a pig’s heart transplant). In the absence of such evidence, we should be allowed to used such items like creams, lotions, shampoos, perfumes containing alcohol etc.

__

Please keep in mind that it is an ijtihadi matter for which you have opinions of two very respectable scholars above, Ghamidi Sahab and Dr. Irfan Shahzad Sahab. In such matters, differences of opinion are quite natural and for common muslims like you and me, we can opt one of the two opinions of these scholars which we, as per our understanding, find more logical and more reasonable. The only thing which matters is that we should make an honest judgement while adopting any such opinion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register