Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Paying Money To A Debtor Instead Of Offering Qurbani

Tagged: ,

• Paying Money To A Debtor Instead Of Offering Qurbani

Posted by Umar Farooq on June 13, 2023 at 1:57 am

My Sister is constructing a house , a modest one, infact 2 rooms. Though her husband and son are earning some money through some modest means, but still they have taken some loan to build the 2 rooms. Can I give my sacrifice money to them to pay the loan and help them in the construction of those two 2 room? It is pertinent to mention that they still have 2 rooms but are already cramped enough.

Umar Farooq replied 10 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Paying Money To A Debtor Instead Of Offering Qurbani

Umar Farooq updated 10 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 13, 2023 at 3:47 am

Please see Discussion 71464

• Umar Farooq

Member June 13, 2023 at 4:15 am

Jazakallah, I agreed in general , Sacrifice can not be changed for general welfare of the society as a whole., but in specific cases like a person in great distress due to illness needs money, isn’t it better to give money to him or her instead of going for sacrifice? Even in history, a Sahabi was allowed to stay at home to take care of a sick relative and not join the muslim army. On the same anology, to pay debt (that incurred for a very basic need of having shelter) , and that also of a very close relative does not take precedence over sacrifice? Still have ambiguity in my mind on this issue.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 13, 2023 at 4:23 am

Qurbani is a nafal ritual of worship. if your relatives are in serious need of money, you can choose (may preferably) to help them instead of making animal sacrifice. However, it is in case you do not have extra money for Qurbani. Qurbani is not substituted with another act of piety. Every act of ritual has its own peculiarity.

• Umar Farooq

Member June 13, 2023 at 4:38 am

Jazakallah, may Allah guide us towards the right decision.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register