Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Prophet David And Bathsheba Story

Tagged: ,

• Prophet David And Bathsheba Story

Posted by Taimur Mughal on June 22, 2023 at 4:08 am

My question is ;

In the Bible we come to know that King David (as) made a sin by sleeping with the wife of his general and her name is mentioned Bathsheba. He saw her from the rooftop bathing and so he was mesmerized.

In Quran I read in surah saad a story that some men (that are actually angels) came in the prayeing room of David and they asked him to judge fairly amon 2 brothers. 1 brother took a sheep of another who already ahd many by convincing him through his sheep.

Now this clearly is a metaphor for prophet David indeed perhaps tooking a wife of his general in some way that didn’t pleased God.

But then David fell in prostartion and God forgave him.

So is the bible stroy somehat true I guess?

I have heard that prophets can not do huge sins but only minor sins. So I assume David did not commited zina but he indeed perhaps took a woman from someone?

Can you please elaborate?

Thank you.

Muhammad Sami ud-Din replied 6 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Prophet David And Bathsheba Story

• Isabel Ayesha

Member June 22, 2023 at 5:21 am

Ghamidi shb, in his tefsir Al-Bayan, mentions regarding this verse that

When Allah has hidden from us, and not mentioned vividly a flaw of his slave, we should abstain fro digging into it…

And after all we can not find the true story of Bathsheba and King David, as history isn’t a hundred percent reliable! But we can refrain ourselves from a great sin of judging or trying to figure out a messenger’s misdeed that was forgiven…

As we see, King Soloman (Süleyman Nabi) was son of Bathsheba and David, after the wed.

• Umer

Moderator June 22, 2023 at 11:24 pm

Please watch:

English

• Umer

Moderator June 22, 2023 at 11:24 pm

Urdu

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member October 28, 2023 at 3:39 pm

Hadhrat Ali (rta) is reported to have been said; “Whoever says that David, has married Uriah’s wife as the legends are narrate, I will punish him twice: one for qazf (falsely accusing someone of adultery) and the other for desecrating the prophethood (defamation of prophet David)”

Source: Tafsir al-Kabir, al-Razi, vol. 26, p. 379; Ruh al-Ma’ani, vol. 12, p. 178; Tafsir al-Muraghi, vol. 23, p. 111

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register