Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Juma Salah In Non-Muslim State

• Juma Salah In Non-Muslim State

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 21, 2020 at 2:35 pm

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I have hard Ghamidi sahab does not regard jumah in a non muslim state as legitimate- what is the proof for this? Also, he said he still prays it to stay a part of the community – how does this make sense. He also says that if people follow ramadan according to Saudi you should just go ahead with your own community (especially here in some places where there is only one Islamic community). But how could we follow something we believe is wrong?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Juma Salah In Non-Muslim State

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 21, 2020 at 2:56 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 21, 2020 at 3:35 pm

I just watched the video and I have one contention. The part about if the rulers pray salah on wrong times you should still pray. What if a majority starts grave worshipping and when they pray they change the qibla to a graveyard? Is this not a time to speak up? Where do we draw the line to speak up against a bidah or a mistake that people have done?

A similar thing can be said what if we live in a Shia majority community?

And also the question I had about if they don’t calculate ramadan we see fit

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 21, 2020 at 2:59 pm

Other ulema also know this – Ghamidi sahab is not alone in this understanding.

https://youtu.be/2ZCBK160oKw

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 21, 2020 at 3:03 pm

The community in the western countries perform Juma as an “ijtihad” even though they know that it is not required. And there’s no harm in performing a good deed just to show solidarity with the the community, as long as one is clear in their understanding and also performs what is actually made compulsory on us – in this case zuhur.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 21, 2020 at 3:05 pm

Don’t you think this Ijtihād is actually a bidah? Also what about if they do ramadan a day early/late by following Saudi

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 21, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Ijtihad is required for many things in life. All it means is to use one’s judgement based on established facts in religion in order to determine a particular line of action about a novel situation. Ijtihad can be right or wrong, but that’s not the point of this discussion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register