Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Recent News Of The Burning Of Quran

• Recent News Of The Burning Of Quran

Posted by Zuhair on July 6, 2023 at 6:53 am

How would you assess the recent situation which took place where the Quran was being burned and will it come under jihad if Muslims start doing the same with other religion’s scriptures etc? Obviously this is unethical but just a hypothetical question out of curiosity. Secondly, jihad is applicable where Islam is under threat (if i am not wrong) so what does being under threat mean in this case? For example if I start praying in a public space and someone finds it uncomfortable so should I respect the surroundings or should I ignore/start fighting with those people and calling it jihad?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 9 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Recent News Of The Burning Of Quran

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2023 at 5:37 am

Islam is never under threat. Quran is there, its rituals are being performed and everything is intact. Some people out of ignorance and misunderstanding find no decent way to show their differences with the Quran and choose to ridicule it, they need to be addressed and educated on Quran to clarify their reservations and apprehensions about Quran. God has forbidden us and it is immoral to respond in the same unethical manner.

Now, people have freedom of religion. They can perform their religious rituals publically if those rituals do not interfere with public affairs. Usually saying prayer in public does not make people uncomfortable, except that one starts praying on the pathway blocking the walk. If one is offering prayer in his own personal space in public and still someone gets uncomfortable, one needs not bother about them nor is there a need to fight for your prayer. Laws are there, follow them.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register