Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Balance Family Life With Personal Beliefs

Tagged: , ,

• Balance Family Life With Personal Beliefs

Posted by Imran Hussain on July 19, 2023 at 11:07 pm

Dear javed ahmed ghamidi sahab,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. I am writing to express my thoughts and feelings regarding the current situation, particularly in light of the ongoing Muharram events.

Recently, I made the decision to leave the practice of the Shia sect after coming across Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Sahab’s enlightening book “Meezan” and listening to his thought-provoking lectures. Through this process, I have come to realize that the way Muharram is observed in the Shia tradition does not resonate with my understanding of Islam’s true essence.

While I deeply respect and care for my family and their beliefs, internally, I no longer find myself aligned with the concept of majlis and other related practices. However, I am torn between staying true to my beliefs and not wanting to hurt or upset my family members.

My desire to attend the majlis events stems purely from a cultural perspective, as I wish to maintain family harmony and be part of the gatherings without compromising my newfound understanding of Islam. I believe that cultural appreciation is vital, and participating in the events in this manner could be a way to honor family traditions.

Yet, I am aware that doing so might cause inner conflict, as my personal beliefs no longer coincide with the practices involved. I am seeking guidance on how to navigate this delicate situation while staying true to myself and respecting my family’s traditions.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or insight you can provide on how to handle this matter with grace and understanding. Your wisdom and knowledge have been a source of inspiration for me, and I value your perspective.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. May you continue to be a guiding light for those seeking a deeper understanding of Islam.

With utmost respect,

imran hussain

Imran Hussain replied 9 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Balance Family Life With Personal Beliefs

Imran Hussain updated 9 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 20, 2023 at 11:00 pm

Your honesty and love for truth are really appreciated. God bless you and grant your perseverance. However, you need not to bother your people. Let them do what they like to. They, too, should allow give you if you do not like to participate. But unfortunately, this freedom is not available in our culture. For the sake of harmony, you can participate to some extent do not involve yourself in something un-Islamic like Zanjeer Zani and pronouncing names other than God on edible.

With the passage of time, people start get adjust to your different approach. But avoid conflict and confrontation as it is not a matter of Kufr and Islam.

• Imran Hussain

Member July 22, 2023 at 4:58 am

Thank you so much for your inputs.

• Umer

Moderator July 20, 2023 at 11:52 pm

Following comments of Ghamidi Sahab might also be helpful.

Please refer to the video below from 1:04:03 to 1:06:17

• Umer

Moderator July 20, 2023 at 11:52 pm

• Umer

Moderator July 20, 2023 at 11:53 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 10:17:29 to 10:30:40

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register