Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Asking Permission Of Parents For Every Action

Tagged: 

• Asking Permission Of Parents For Every Action

Posted by Ali on July 23, 2023 at 5:00 pm

Assalamualaikum

My question is my parents always complain especially my mother that we don’t tell them what we do. We live with parents which i should have to obviously.

I want to know according to islam that is it farz for us to tell them and ask permission for every action we have to take?

Today, my mother and wife has an argument over that that my wife gave a bowl of rice or any other dish to his mother without telling my mother or father.

Can’t she do this without telling?

Who is right here?

And other thing is, can’t i go with friends or cousins to different city without permission?

I am full grown 23 year old male BTW.

Please shed your light on this.

Umer replied 9 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Asking Permission Of Parents For Every Action

Umer updated 9 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 25, 2023 at 12:24 pm

Quran has not asked us to obey every command of parents, instead, we are required to deal with them in a good manner (husn e salook) and can disagree with their decisions in a polite and respectful manner. Marriage, career-selection, freedom of movement are solely the decision of the individual and is not affected by what parents demand. However, if one is living under the roof of parents, depsite being married, then there is certain ethical responsibility on the person to follow guidelines of the owners of the house in their capacity as owners. And since they are parents too, so there is no harm in finding a middle ground in answering relevant questions of the parents in a respectful manner.

Please also refer to the following videos:

• Umer

• Umer

• Umer

• Ali

Member July 25, 2023 at 7:48 pm

Thank you.

Can you specifically tell that is it dishonesty by wife to give a plate of rice or other good dish whenever cooked to his mother without telling my mother or father?

Is it dishonesty?

Apart from listening to ghamidi sahib videos, I want to know your point of view on this.

• Umer

Moderator July 27, 2023 at 1:36 pm

No, it is not dishonesty when seen from a principle standpoint.

But it must be kept in mind that if a son is living under the roof of his parents and is also financially dependent on them, then this creates a kind of moral obligation for the son and his wife to also follow the rules of the owners of the house. However, if the house belongs to son and he is also financially independent then there stands no such obligation and the son can politely talk to his parents and make them understand that there is no dishonesty in such matters.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register