Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 49:15 – Doubts After Belief

Tagged: , ,

• Quran 49:15 – Doubts After Belief

Posted by Usama Mohsin on July 25, 2023 at 4:41 am

Asalamualikum wa RehmatUllah, I have seen the video of Ghamidi sahib on the above topic and I have further question in this regard. In Holy Quran 49:15 Allah says, ‘Believers are only those who believed in Allah and his messenger and haven’t doubted after believing’… however, if a person suffers from thoughts which put you in a position where you cannot certainly know from your heart that you really believe or not. Does this verse applies to such person…? Also, if the feeling of iman comes and goes with the thoughts…

Thanks…

Umer replied 9 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Quran 49:15 – Doubts After Belief

Umer updated 9 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 25, 2023 at 4:58 am

If doubts are there, it means one has yet not consciously believed. You need to learn the arguments and pieces of evidence of Islam being the truth. Once you realized its truth, doubts cease.

• Usama Mohsin

Member July 25, 2023 at 5:11 am

Asalamualikum wa RehmatUllah, thanks a lot for replying. I am not able to digest that I have doubts about Islam , Allah and his messenger. It hurts me greatly to be in this position. In one moment I feel iman in my heart and in other I feel like I am empty.

Kindly guide me what to learn and from where… jazak Allah

• Saad Aamir

Member July 25, 2023 at 7:20 am

I would advise you to go through the discussion linked below thoroughly. It does not hurt to refresh your understanding of the arguments for Islam time to time and hopefully your doubts will fade in time:

Discussion 1630

• Usama Mohsin

Member July 25, 2023 at 12:36 pm

Jazak Allah brother

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 25, 2023 at 10:50 pm

To have doubts is not bad, rather they are required to make us conscious believers. God wants us to be conscious believers that is why He elaborated arguments in the Quran and presents evidence to make us believers. So, instead of getting worried, you should take it as an opportunity to make yourself a conscious believer by learning the truth about Islam.

• Umer

Moderator July 27, 2023 at 1:47 pm

Please also refer to other videos of Ghamidi Sahab on the same topic provided in the following thread:

Discussion 48007

• Umer

Moderator July 27, 2023 at 2:30 pm

Quran 49:15 is in a different context, where nearby Bedouins who professed faith in Prophet Muhammad (sws) because of Islam’s political domination, used to mention it as a favour to which Quran clarified that this is not the kind of faith which makes one ‘Momin‘ where one is willing to sacrifice their weath and their lives without an iota of doubt, rather it is a mere submission which has room for improvement and any good deeds done under this obedience to Allah and his Prophet, will be rewarded by Allah (so in it there is no favour done for the Prophet (sws) rather the favour is for their own souls).

Please read the verses 49:14-15 together:

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/quran?chapter=49&paragraph=9&type=Ghamidi

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register