Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Consistent Glucose Monitor And Ghusl

Tagged: , ,

• Consistent Glucose Monitor And Ghusl

Posted by Muhammad Azeem on July 27, 2023 at 2:37 pm

Assalamualaikum! I have diabetes and I was suggested to use continuous glucose monitor, so that I have more data about my glucose level through out the day and I will be changing my life style accordingly. Instead of getting data through pricking which you have to do many times if you want more data. I want to know if I wear that patch/sensor on my arm ,which I cannot take off for 2 weeks, will my ghusl correct as that patch/ sensor will not allow water to reach below. What I have searched online about this is ulema/ mufti thinks this is not necessary as you can check glucose level by pricking. But I think if I have continuous data ,I would be able to better take care of manage my diabetes instead of using old pricking method which you have to do so many times in order to get some good data. I want to be sure before getting the new sensor so that my prayers remain valid after ghusl. JazakAllahu khair

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Consistent Glucose Monitor And Ghusl

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ayub Hamid

Member July 27, 2023 at 11:14 pm

W A Salaam, Brother you can put it on when you are tahir, then subsequently your ghusl will be valid.

• Muhammad Azeem

Member July 27, 2023 at 11:21 pm

JazakAllahu khair for answering . So my understanding from your answer is, before putting this sensor on, I do the wudu and then for two weeks if I need to do ghusl then I don’t have to worry about water not reaching to skin on the arm. Is this correct. And also can you please explain how do you come to this conclusion. is there some incident from Hadith or some ruling from fiqh that we can apply to my situation. Just want to understand the reason behind your answer. Again Barak Allah hu feek for taking your time to answer.

• Ayub Hamid

Member July 28, 2023 at 1:43 am

Brother your situation is no different than other medical situations, such as having patch or dressing on a wound or a cast on a broken bone, etc. The need to constantly monitor sugar level is enough of a reason to allow it.

• Muhammad Azeem

Member July 28, 2023 at 3:25 am

JazakAllahu khair for answering.

• Umer

Moderator July 30, 2023 at 12:27 pm

Dr. Irfan Shahzad Sahab ( @Irfan76 ), kindly give your juristic opinion on this issue.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 1, 2023 at 1:47 am

It depends upon the medical opnion. If the doctors allows you, considering the best of your interest, to remove it during Ghusla, you can take it off, but if he suggests to not to take it off, you can take bath while putting it on.

In such matters, the principle is to provide EASE, as Quran says:

يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلَا يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ

God desires ease for you and does not want to be harsh with you. (2: 185)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register