Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Father Forcefully Taking Her Daughter From Husband House

Tagged: 

• Father Forcefully Taking Her Daughter From Husband House

Posted by Ali on July 30, 2023 at 1:12 pm

Assalamualaikum,

My father and my uncle had an argument and in anger he took her daughter forcefully.

Now I wanna know, are my rights as a husband violated?

I Know both parties should had listen to each other but they didn’t and this happened.

Now, if I go there and ask her to get back and her father refuse?

Who has higher rights here?

Can Her father demand separate house?

Please share your opinion on this.

Umer replied 9 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Father Forcefully Taking Her Daughter From Husband House

Umer updated 9 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator July 31, 2023 at 6:56 am

Father cannot force his daughter to leave his husband and neither can he demand a separate house. This is solely the decision of the wife whether she wants to live with her husband or not. And only she can put any demands, if any. Her parents can only support whatever decision she makes or can advice her accordingly.

If the wife wants to get back with the husabnd and her parents are stopping by using force, then this is both unethical and illegal, this matter can be taken to the law but this would be an extreme measure and may not produce anything positive since on one hand, it is wife’s parents and on the other hand, her husband. The best way is to deal with this situation with composure and cool mind so that a workable solution can be sought out between both parties to avoid further escalation of the conflict and deterioration in the relationship between husband and wife.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register