Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Paying Money For Government Job Shortlisting

Tagged: ,

• Paying Money For Government Job Shortlisting

Posted by Zeeshan Shahid on August 4, 2023 at 5:53 pm

Salam ,my wife has been shortlisted for a 17 grade fpsc job ,the interviews will be held this month ,but from credible sources we came to know that it doesn’t matter whether you perform good or bad in interview because only those applicant will be selected who will give an amount to some official,so as of now 50 candidates are shortlisted and will be called for interview but the total seats are 3 ,from different officials from fpsc we came to know that those 3 applicants will be selected even before interviews are held ,you have to actually pay like 8 lac or million rupees to get shortlisted,my question is ” is paying the official haram” ,or what is the rulling in such a situation ,for a applicant who has done everything in his/her power how should he/she proceed ?

Umer replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Paying Money For Government Job Shortlisting

Umer updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator August 5, 2023 at 7:15 am
  • Zeeshan Shahid

Member August 7, 2023 at 11:25 am

@codename.AJK this is my understanding from before,the question i was asking was whether it will be considered “rishwat/bribary” becasue out of those 50 they will only select those who will pay them ,but on the other hand from the applicant point of view he/she will not be selected even if he /she is on merit ,so according to applicant it might not be bribary but a way to get his/her right.

• Umer

Moderator August 9, 2023 at 6:46 am

If the payment is made so that the applicant should be considered on merit or when all/many other applicants are making the payment and in order to stay in the race one, then there is no harm in making such payment. These measures are taken to save oneself from any injustice that might be committed against a person.

However, if the payment is made solely with the intent to bypass the rest of the candidates without giving them their due chance, then such a payment is immoral and usurpation of the rights of other candidates. Here the payment is made to not prevent injustice but to commit injustice against others.

There are some other issues that should be of some concern in this transaction:

i) How can one be sure that only three candidates will be making payment and get their seats and the rest of the applicants will be unaware of this fact and will not make any payment?

ii) If the payment is made by more than three candidates then what will be the criteria of selection of only three seats which are available?

iii) In case the seat is not allotted to one of the applicants who has already made the payment, then what legal course would be available to him other than losing his money?

It is possible that one may not have answers to all the questions but it should be kept in mind that any such financial transaction, if done by the applicant, it should be with an honest intent of preventing injustice against oneself, not to commit it against others. One has to make such decisions in the light of whatever information is available and if the decision was done with utmost honesty, then any mistake in making such decision will be forgiven (hopefully, as per Allah’s law).

• Ahsan

Moderator August 7, 2023 at 11:58 pm

I will request @UmerQureshi sb to share his opinion on this.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register