Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Ruling On To Hide The Body Shape?

Tagged: ,

• Ruling On To Hide The Body Shape?

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 5, 2023 at 6:58 pm

The ruling on not to wear clothes which show the body shape it is about a tight-fitted cloths which leave no room for body to feel free in a garment, is it is ?

Or it is like even if someone wore some cloths and for the women , Bossom is covered correctly but it is natural as a human walk the cloth does touches the body so it does not show the shape of the body but does touches it which is a normal thing but most of the scholars says it is obligatory to cover the Bossom with veil in order to hide the Bossom correctly it doesn’t matter how much loose cloth a person is wearing,,

So which one is true

The tight fitted cloths which normally women wear in gyms or in normals too which clearly shows the body or it is about to wear enough loose cloth to not to show the perfect body shape but as it is natural that a cloth do touches Ur body which make it little obvious ,

So is it allowed for men to wear tight fitted jeans or shorts as it’s trending nowdays or it is only for women???

And the about the boots they are made up of lather as they also cover the legs ,

As in the pictures below , so does it includes in the clothing which shows the body shape for both men and women,,

Jazakallah

Ibrahim Ali replied 8 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Ruling On To Hide The Body Shape?

Ibrahim Ali updated 8 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 7, 2023 at 3:17 am

It is the private parts, شرم گاہ ، فروج(and the area surrounding it for better covering) that are compulsory to cover and the garments must not be too tight to reveal their shape. It is for both men and women. See verses, 24: 30-31. Women’s chest too is a private part that is to be covered. The purpose can be achieved by any means, by covering with an extra veil or with just loose garments which do not reveal the body shape. However, some cultural norms may suggest more covering but that is cultural, not religious obligations.

No such restrictions are for feet or lower parts of the legs as they are not included in the private parts.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 7, 2023 at 4:47 am

So does wearing belt on the waist would it be impermissible for both of the genders or it would be allowed?

And what about the off shoulder cloths that nowdays women wear or cutted shoulder or loose shirt with tight sleeves ?

Does it also comes in the near area of the private parts which are obligated to cover so I want to know how much of shoulder do women need to cover as they have different size of the collar so wear short in width but long in length as in the cartoon picture and cloths picture below,

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 7, 2023 at 12:02 pm

I also want to ask that when it’s said that a aura is something for men to start from navel to knees and for women to start from shoulders to knees what is the exact measurements of till knees?

Like knees should be covered as an extension towards hiding private part and would be consider obligatory or it is said “till knees ” as if it is obligatory to hide until the knees

But knees can be opened,,

Which one is the correct one kindly briefly tell me confirmly,,

Jazakallah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 7, 2023 at 10:53 pm

Kindly refer to the following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCZbNGwS-Y

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 8, 2023 at 2:27 am

Then what’s the answer of my question??

I have listened the videos fully before I wanted to ask you so you can confirm what is my confusions,,

Like ghamdi SB said for men it’s till knees and for women it’s below knees ??

Right or both need to cover the knees,,

And also I want to ask if a women don’t hide her knees would she be not fulfilling obligations?

And the upper question I asked in before question plz briefly tell me about all by yourself jazakallah,

I have listened all the videos on veil by ghamdi ssb but I want to confirm my confusions on what I didn’t understand,,

Kindly check my previous question and answer it ,,

Jazakallah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 8, 2023 at 11:16 pm

In light of the details, it is clear that hiding knees and shoulders are better, not obligatory in the typical sense of the word, but it is not allowed as a preemptive measure. However, culturally and naturally, women are supposed to wear dresses that are more covering. One should not go near the borderline, otherwise, the next step will most likely be in the prohibited area.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 9, 2023 at 1:00 am

You are right,, I agree with you,,

I was asking if someone get into a serious situation like injured or something then if the wound is on the knee , would women be obliged to hide it if someone can treat the wound better ,,, jazakallah for your reply

And kindly clear the case with waist belt which is used for pants or is normal used on a coat as I posted the picture above,, jazakallah,,,

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 10, 2023 at 1:28 am

It is a rule, that rules are not applied in exceptional cases.

I think the case waist belt does not need any clarification. It is a piece of cloth to wear around the waist. That it is.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 9, 2023 at 1:09 am

About not allowed as preemptive matter,,

Not allowed by who?

Like by culture or by religion or by people,,

Jazakallah if you can elaborate more I’ll be more clear about the situation,

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 10, 2023 at 1:30 am

The authority is the one whom you consider and accept as an authority. It is Islam if the matter is religious, it is the society if the matter belongs to it. Religious people can tell their opinion only.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 1:31 am

It does maybe show some shape of waist I asked in that manner,, what’s the ruling on it then ,, both men and women wear them

And also plz clarify if a women or men wear pants and shirt so the is till the navel and then Normally pants are worn so I want to ask as pant is a thick jeans so it does is little sticky to the waist what is the ruling like most likely the belt is on waist for jeans to stay fit

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 1:32 am

So it’s their opinion rather than the order of religion

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 10, 2023 at 1:35 am

But I couldn’t understand about the fact who didn’t allowed it as a preemptive precautions

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register