Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy What Is Takabbur?

Tagged: ,

• What Is Takabbur?

Posted by Ibrahim Ali on August 7, 2023 at 5:21 am

Is simply saying to others human

I’m the best or strongest

Is it takabbur?

Bcznthe far I know it’s all about if you look at someone as unworthy it’s takabbur

And when you don’t accept your mistakes

The it’s takabbur that’s what I listened in hadith,

So if saying that I’m best keeping in mind that everyone has capability to become best but they are not trying but I’m trying what’s within me and saying yourself best or just simply saying someone weak would it be takabbur or it’s just when you suppose yourself as a person that nobody around have enough worth to even touch you or talk to you ,

Then it will be takabbur right,

When you got enough soft heart to have sympathy but you don’t show it often it’s different right,,,

You rather prefer to keep it private if you are doing some good ,

That’s why people sometimes says you r a person with so much takabbur

What’s the formula to understand the case,

Is pride is haram in all way

Like mothers may sometime feel so proud on their children to have a certain quality, or if someone is prideful about their self respect would it be pride ,,??

Or when someone says

I want to become best ,,

If the best or top place wasn’t a place to get earned it would never be prescribed us to not to see others as unworthy, right,

I do respect everyone and I say to some people too that they all are worthy enough to achieve their goals, but they aren’t believing ,

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • What Is Takabbur?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 8, 2023 at 12:51 am

Keeping aside the common use of a word for different shades of a feeling of pride, it is evil in the feeling which decides that it is wrong and our conscience is the best judge to decide it. In a nutshell, to look down upon people is arrogance (Takkbur) and to feel grateful for having something better than others is a good thing, with the feeling that others might be better in some other respect than us.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member August 8, 2023 at 2:30 am

So was my interpretation is correct?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 8, 2023 at 10:56 pm

Yes

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register